FOAD Discussion
Welcome to the ride of your life!
FOAD Discussion
Welcome to the ride of your life!
FOAD Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOAD Discussion

FOAD Forever!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big woo hoo

Go down 
+7
Helen Bee
invict
jawwwwsh
Aggies
s20mike
Albaholly
kitkat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Helen Bee
Deity
Deity

Big woo hoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:39 pm

I forgive you Ed Very Happy

haha its world famous because it makes people giggle, i hate cockermouth, it tries to be Keswick.

They have a festival there called Cock Rock, i know the guys who run it, and they are oblivious to the houmour in the name.

A friend is running a festi in workington next year, it'll be called "Slag fest" Because its on a slag heap.

So we got Cock Rock and Slag fest, and no-one knows why i laugh.

sing it Bear Very Happy Media is the right arm of anarchy.

Our trouble was everyone paniced, and bought stores of food ect, if everyone stayed calm it'd be fine.

We all have some pet or rats nearby if it gets realllly bad.

i was saying a few well placed charges on bridges and we would be screwed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kitkat
Dioscuri (High Senate)
Dioscuri (High Senate)
kitkat

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:40 pm

somebodies getting ideas lol

don't care for rat much though. Rabbit is a different story. Had myself roasted saddle of rabbit the other day, mmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Helen Bee
Deity
Deity

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Ooooo i love rabbit too, rabbit stewwwww.

Cheapest meat, and one of the nicest, and very good for humans.

Rat is supposed to be the best for us, no saturates ect.

It was ok, but i agree rabbit is nicer. Smile

Me and Sinbad saw a badger freshly dead from RTA, we were tempted to cook it, but when i looked the innards were mashed.

Never ate badger, and wouldnt think about it, but free food always catches my attention Very Happy and its something you dont taste everyday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kitkat
Dioscuri (High Senate)
Dioscuri (High Senate)
kitkat

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Can't imagine eating badger Big woo hoo - Page 2 Kopfschuettel

Got some kinglass salmon on order now the kitchen is getting sorted. Just can't beat the taste of fish from the pure scottish lochs
Back to top Go down
Helen Bee
Deity
Deity

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:59 pm

i saw 5 crates of cherry tango out of the skip of the wholesalers next to my mates shop the other day, it was out of date by a week, but hell it will be so full of sugar and e numbers it would last decades, so i took it, didnt like it, and then gave them to Sin, saying i got them off someone as a freebie.

Wasnt lying.

I confess people, i am a womble, and i make good use of things that i find Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kitkat
Dioscuri (High Senate)
Dioscuri (High Senate)
kitkat

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:03 pm

I believe the modern term is freegan
Back to top Go down
Helen Bee
Deity
Deity

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Freegan??? is that true??? Oh man i love it, wait till i tell all my mates who are veggies and hate my tastes in food!

Bee the Freegan! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Albaholly
Deity
Deity
Albaholly

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:35 pm

If you really wanna be a good freegan...go round the back of a supermarket at night some time. If they haven't locked it all away then there will be hundreds of things that have gone past their sell by date...but not their use by date Smile That means you can eat it and have no harm come to you.

Especially good about christmas eve night...me and some mates managed to pick up two turkeys, spuds, carrots, parsnips...lots of other veg, stuffing, sausages etc etc etc the full works for free.

That was last year...by god we ate well...
Back to top Go down
Helen Bee
Deity
Deity

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:41 pm

Wink i cut out the middle man and go straight to the wholesalers skip Very Happy Stuff is cheaper in Wholesalers so i am saving! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kitkat
Dioscuri (High Senate)
Dioscuri (High Senate)
kitkat

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 pm

LOL that's the same as saying if I run behind a bus I'm saving a quid but if I run behind a taxi I'm saving a tenner Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Helen Bee
Deity
Deity

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:50 pm

hahaaha now thatsss funny!
Back to top Go down
Albaholly
Deity
Deity
Albaholly

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:51 pm

WE're both getting it for free Very Happy and the supermarkets tend to be slightly laxer about security Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Helen Bee
Deity
Deity

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:52 pm

£10 taxi for Ed to run behind! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kitkat
Dioscuri (High Senate)
Dioscuri (High Senate)
kitkat

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:01 pm

I always took the point of view that if I ordered five pints at the bar I'm saving on shoe leather.

Red Dwarf FTW Smile
Back to top Go down
Albaholly
Deity
Deity
Albaholly

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Red dwarf rocks! I got the full set...every single episode of every single series,
Back to top Go down
Cuda
Deity
Deity
Cuda

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:10 am

not a fan of red dwarf but if you like free stuff, my house mates use.

http://my.freecycle.org/signup

tis well good, goes by area and is full of free stuff, probs is you have to give away one of your things first.

Or be a student and walk back in the night/early hours, we aquire plants, airing racks, door mats, a bed, a crate of beer, traffic cones, wheely bins. loads of stuff... good times Smile

oh, and isn't cockermouth where the police man died?
Back to top Go down
mopyfish
Tesserarius
Tesserarius
mopyfish

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:31 am

What amazes me is on the local radio station they are appealing for funds etc, to help peopl who werent fully insured or have had everything washed away. but its just money they want. Ive got a perfectly good three seater and two seater sofa i no longer need thats in perfect condition surely if you have lost everything that would mean just as much if not more than me say donating about a fiver which is more than i can afford myself right now. A fiver wouldnt buy anyone a sofa would it.

Though i have heard on the grape vine that a certain insurance company all the workers have been told to pay out whatever is asked for no questions.

Its pretty wet up here in north lancs/south cumbria and there more rain to come today 4" apparently which is normally classed as severe weather in its own right never mind on top off all the water so far.

Brave man that copper. stopped many others from potential being killed. not much justice that he should die in the process and two days before his birthday bet his kids are devastated.
Back to top Go down
Http://themopyfish.wordress.com
lordbarron
Deity
Deity
lordbarron

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:50 pm

well actually we live in a society that still doesnt accept charity, but money is just fine ^ ^ ... go back 30 years ago even, and if someone gave you their old TV you would be jumpin in you didnt have one...these days, giving anything old is like an insult...its stuff that you dont want, go back 100 years and you wouldnt think about giving your brand new convenience would you? ... but we would rather they threw it away than insult us with their hand me downs...

yet we still wouldnt think twice bout giving old clothes we used to scrub stains and tinned food we no longer consider safe to eat to charity destined for a third world country that is littered with our unwanted junk ^ ^

hmmm was that a little preachy? :p

anyhoooo the floodin is bad ya? but then Cumbria is afterall the forgotten part of England...only got its first motorway in last decade, so why would Brown consider spending money on fixing the bridges...

but apart from that, i know there are plenty of people plenty well off in the affected areas, if they had anything about them they would rebuild the bridges and get them named after em...
Back to top Go down
Cuda
Deity
Deity
Cuda

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:04 am

I love all the people up in cumbria who are like.. its horrible, i cant believe its flooded.. who new that when we moved to a place it floods a lot that it would flood. thats my favourite lol!
Back to top Go down
Lindy
Spartiate
Spartiate
Lindy

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:18 am

Cuda wrote:
not a fan of red dwarf but if you like free stuff, my house mates use.

http://my.freecycle.org/signup

tis well good, goes by area and is full of free stuff, probs is you have to give away one of your things first.

I just read LB's comment and was about to post that link lol

I used one in my area to give away a few things when I was clearing my mum's house you would be amazed what people give away these days.
Back to top Go down
Helen Bee
Deity
Deity

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:47 am

Cuda wrote:
I love all the people up in cumbria who are like.. its horrible, i cant believe its flooded.. who new that when we moved to a place it floods a lot that it would flood. thats my favourite lol!

Cuda! Shocked

It was the Tinman who needed a heart, not the cowardly lion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Albaholly
Deity
Deity
Albaholly

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 pm

People do make some silly comments though...its like the people who built a house on a massively receding coastline and then were surprised when the coast collapsed and the house fell down.
Back to top Go down
lordbarron
Deity
Deity
lordbarron

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:05 pm

actually, a lot of the problems are governmental...rivers and lakes were drained to build houses, villages were flooded to make lakes...and they never considered....errr what if it rains?

the people in Cumbria are generally cumbrian unless you go down to south, they just cheshirites who want some fresh air
Back to top Go down
Helen Bee
Deity
Deity

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:20 pm

lordbarron wrote:

the people in Cumbria are generally cumbrian unless you go down to south, they just cheshirites who want some fresh air

Or Cumbrics Very Happy dont forget the Cumbric's and the Scumbrians.

Viva la Cumberland republic! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big woo hoo   Big woo hoo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big woo hoo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FOAD Discussion :: Non-Members Area :: FOAD-
Jump to: